The Institute for the Development of Education (IDE) has developed a set of educational services in order to facilitate the process of applying to higher education institutions, to facilitate the transition from education to the labour market and to enable Croatian citizens to develop the professional skills required in the labour market. They include the following:
- Organisation of education courses for the development of specific knowledge and skills;
- Providing access to books and reference literature, as well as Croatian and international magazines;
- Providing computer access for the purposes of education and education opportunities research.
These services enable individuals to effectively apply for higher education programmes and job positions, to master business correspondence, to take academic and business standardised tests, to learn a foreign language, etc.
Standardised tests are used to evaluate levels of specific proficiencies, aptitudes or skills (e.g. knowledge of foreign languages, mathematics, medicine, business language, etc.) in the process of applying for academic programmes abroad or for a job position.
Most standardised tests fall into two categories:
- Academic standardised tests (such as TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT, GRE, SAT, ACT), which are often a requirement in the process of applying for higher education programmes and scholarship programmes abroad;
- Business standardised tests (such as TOEIC and TFI), which are used in the process of hiring and enhancing competitiveness in the labour market.
In order to make standardised test-taking easier for candidates who are applying to higher education institutions and programmes, the Institute for the Development of Education (IDE) has developed the following services:
- Free information and advising on the process of applying for and taking specific standardised tests;
- Standardised test (TOEFL iBT, IELTS, SAT, GMAT, GRE, ACT) preparation through courses and/or with the use of literature and multimedia;
- Administration of certain standardised tests (TOEFL iBT, GMAT, ACT).
With these services, IDE enables individuals:
- To become acquainted with the purposes, formats and ways in which standardised tests are taken;
- To prepare for test-taking in the best way possible;
- To understand the importance of standardised tests as international standards for evaluating skills and aptitudes.
For any inquires on preparation courses for TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT, GRE, SAT, ACT and test dates please contact: email@example.com; tel. + 385 1 4555 151, +385 1 4817 195.
More information on standardised tests for French, German, Italian and Spanish speaking countries are available at www.stipendije.info, section “Standardised Tests”.