EducationUSA is a network of hundreds of advising centers in more than 170 countries, supported by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. EducationUSA Advising Centers actively promote U.S. higher education around the world by offering accurate, comprehensive, and current information about accredited educational institutions in the United States. The EducationUSA advising center in Croatia offers a full range of services to students from Croatia, hosts its own scholarship web page, conducts cohort advising programs and organizes five fairs per year:
- EducationUSA Fair
- EducationUSA LL.M Fair
- The Higher Education and Scholarships Fair (Zagreb, Rijeka, Zadar)
The EducationUSA Advising Centers offers information and advising on the following aspects of higher education in the U.S.:
- Study programmes;
- Financial aid;
- The application process;
- Standardized tests.
For more information on study opportunities in the USA please contact IDE educational adviser, Ana Uglešić during office hours or via e-mail.
Resources and services
The U.S. Education-Information Centre (USEIC) provides the following resources and services:
- Group advising;
- Individual advising
- A library containing publications on study options in the U.S.;
- Preparation courses for standardised test-taking;
- Individual standardised test-taking preparation materials, available for loan and/or purchase.
- Pre-departure Orientation Programs – Sessions for those who have been admitted to U.S. universities in undergraduate or graduate programs.
- Special Sessions – Presentations are offered occasionally by higher education professionals and EducationUSA advisors on specific fields of study or specific topics related to studying in the U.S.
If you would like to learn more about higher education in the U.S. and you are not able to visit IDE, you can refer to the following useful online resources:
Your Five Steps to U.S. Study: educationusa.state.gov/your-5-steps-us-study
Policy Guidance for EducationUSA Advisers
EducationUSA is committed to working with the full array of institutions, organizations, and individuals that advance opportunities for qualified international students to study in the United States. This includes agents identified by accredited U.S. higher education institutions as their representatives overseas. EducationUSA content and other relevant resources, including the annual Global Guide publication, Student Mobility Facts & Figures information sheets, and the EducationUSA website, are available to the public, including to agents.