19 Feb TARGET: Establishing higher education standards of qualification and occupation in the sector of mining, geology and chemical engineering
Establishing higher education standards of qualification and occupation in the sector of mining, geology and chemical engineering
06/2015 – 09/2016
Quality assurance, qualification frameworks
SOURCE OF FUNDING
European social fund
Faculty of Mining, Geology and Petroleum Engineering (RGNF) / Faculty of Chemical Engineering and Technology (FKIT) / Center for student counseling and support, University of Zagreb / Center for advancement of teaching competences, University of Zagreb / Institute for the Development of Education
SHORT DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECT:
The TARGET project is aimed at the establishment of the Croatian Qualifications Framework in the Mining, Petroleum Mining, Geology and Chemical Technologies sector in the Republic of Croatia. The project will standardize key sectoral occupations and qualifications in accordance with the methodology of the Croatian Qualifications Framework and improve the existing study programs at partner institutions, which will increase their quality as well as increase the recognition of these qualifications on the Croatian and European labor market.
The main goal of the project is to develop standards of occupation and qualification in the field of mining, geology, petroleum mining and chemical technology, improvement of existing study programs at the Faculty of Mining, Geology and Petroleum Engineering and Faculty of Chemical Engineering and Technology, and improvement of faculty and student competencies at partner faculties.
1. Establish the higher education standards of complete qualifications in the sector of mining, geology, petroleum and chemical engineering based on the needs of the labor market, the individual and society as a whole.
2. Improve the existing higher education curricula at RGNF and FKIT, which are structured in learning outcomes, expressed in the ECTS points for achieving these outcomes and are in line with developed qualification standards.
3. Improve the teaching competences of a total of 140 teachers and assistants of RGNF and FKIT and raise the quality of the teaching process at RGNF and FKIT.
MAIN RESULTS OF THE PROJECT:
- 7 proposals of occupational standards have been drafted
- 14 proposals for full qualification standards (of which seven CQF level 6 standards and seven CQF level 7 standards).
- Upgraded 15 existing undergraduate and graduate programs at partner faculties
- Improved competencies of a total of 146 teachers at the Faculty of Mining, Geology and Petroleum Engineering and the Faculty of Chemical Engineering and Technology of the University of Zagreb.
- Nine pilot-modules for student practice were developed
- Quality of 34 e-courses has been raised
- 325 students have mastered the academic and social skills of efficient time management.
- Two computer classrooms are equipped
- Two software packages are acquired, one for curriculum and one for student practice