19 Feb FINPIS: Financial literacy for continuation of education
Financial literacy for continuation of education
10/2015 – 08/2016
Higher education financing
SOURCE OF FUNDING
Ministry of Science and Education
SHORT DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECT :
The “Financial Literacy for Continuation of Education” project has been initiated to increase the financial literacy of secondary school students, in particular those of unfavorable socio-economic status, as well as students from vocational programmes. By engaging in educational activities in the year 2015/2016. students, teaching and technical staff will be given the opportunity to get acquainted with the basics of financial planning for studies.
The main objective of the “Financial Literacy for Continuation of Education” project is to increase the financial literacy of high school students, especially those of unfavorable socio-economic status, and vocational education and training students, in order to facilitate access to higher education.
1) To educate students of third and fourth grade of partner high schools on the basics of financial planning for studies, choice of study programmes, sources of funding and study costs
2) In cooperation with the students, creating a personal framework for financing the desired study programme for a small, targeted group of pupils (for a total of 90 pupils).
3) To educate the teachers and technical staff of partner high schools for student counseling on financial planning for studies.
4) To create a financial literacy guide for continuing the studies, which will be available to all high school students and their teachers, and which will facilitate the financial burden of continuing education.
MAIN RESULTS OF THE PROJECT:
- A total of 531 pupils of third and fourth grade of partner secondary schools have been educated on the basics of financial planning for study, choice of study programs, sources of funding and study costs
- A personal financing plan was prepared for a total of 90 pupils
- Educated a total of 88 teachers and professional staff of partner secondary schools for student counseling on financial planning studies
- A written guide to student financial literacy was published