19 Feb Financial literacy for youth: Informing and counseling youth on the basics of financial planning for study in Croatia and abroad
Financial literacy for youth: Informing and counseling youth on the basics of financial planning for study in Croatia and abroad
05/2016 – 05/2017
Higher education financing
SOURCE OF FUNDING
City of Zagreb
SHORT DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECT:
Financial literacy for higher education and academic mobility is realized through counseling at the Institute for the Development of Education (IDE), through internet sites and social networks, and by strengthening the visibility of higher education among the target groups and the general public. We held training sessions and educational workshops for youth on the basics of financial planning for study, choice of study programs and study costs.
The main objective of the project is to increase the financial literacy of young people, especially high school students, in order to facilitate their access to higher education and its successful completion as a precondition for inclusion in the labor market.
- Free access for youth of the City of Zagreb to information on financial advice for continuation of education through individual counseling and workshops on the basics of financial planning for study costs and virtual resources www.iro.hr and www.stipendije.info, which will enable target groups of the project access to detailed information and advice on study opportunities and financial support programs for study in Croatia and abroad.
- Increasing awareness of the youth of the City of Zagreb and the general public about the importance of financial literacy as a prerequisite for successful selection and completion of higher education programs.
- Increasing the interest in higher education programs and scholarship programs among the target groups and in the wider public, and hence increasing the number of youth in the higher education system.
- Increasing academic mobility between Croatia and other European countries as a result of equal access to information on funding opportunities for studies which will be enabled by the work of the education and information center.
MAIN RESULTS OF THE PROJECT:
- Free access to youth of the City of Zagreb to information on opportunities in higher education through individual counseling and workshops at the Institute for Educational Development (IRO) and through virtual resources www.iro.hr and www.stipendije.info
- Increased access to integrated, up-to-date and reliable information on the basics of financial literacy for continuing education. At the same time, the motivation for enrollment in higher education programs has increased with users participating in project activities.
- Enhanced youth capacity for successful financing of higher education funding
- Increased visibility and awareness of the importance of financial literacy for continuing education among candidates