19 Feb Encouraging youth for higher education and academic mobility: Informing and counseling youth on the opportunities for study and financial support for study in Croatia and abroad
Encouraging youth for higher education and academic mobility: Informing and counseling youth on the opportunities for study and financial support for study in Croatia and abroad
Higher education financing
SOURCE OF FUNDING
City of Zagreb
SHORT DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECT:
For the direct target group of the project, we have chosen a population that can potentially participate in or already participate in higher education, such as high school students, undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate students in the city of Zagreb. The indirect target group of this project consisted of all young people aged between 16 and 29 in Croatia who were also provided with free and direct access to information and advice on educational opportunities in Croatia and abroad.
During the project period, the Counseling Center recorded a total of 10,395 inquiries about the possibilities of studying in Croatia and abroad personally, via phone and e-mail. Furthermore, 11,516 students and students participated in informative events and educational consultations in the Counseling and Counseling Offices, of which 176 were participants in group counseling. 20% of candidates for group counseling in the IDE were high school students, while 32% of them were undergraduate students, and 38% were graduate students.
Encouraging and informing young people for inclusion in higher education and academic mobility will be achieved through the activities of education information and counseling at the Institute for the Development of Education (IDE), through web sites and social networks, and by enhancing the visibility of higher education among the target groups and the general public.
- Free educational consultation on the opportunities for higher education in the City of Zagreb
- Increasing the attractiveness and visibility of higher education in public
MAIN RESULTS OF THE PROJECT:
- Free access to the youth of the City of Zagreb to information on opportunities in higher education through individual counseling and workshops on the possibilities of higher education and virtual resources www.iro.hr and www.stipendije.info, which will enable target groups of the project to gain comprehensive information and advice on study opportunities and financial support programs for study in Croatia and abroad.
- Increasing the awareness of young people of the City of Zagreb and the general public about the importance of access to information and counseling as a prerequisite for successful selection and completion of higher education programs.
- Increasing the interest in higher education programs and scholarship programs among the target groups and in the wider public, and hence increasing the number of youth in the higher education system and a higher number of highly educated citizens.
- Increasing academic mobility between Croatia and other European countries as a result of equal access to information on higher education which will be facilitated by the work of the counseling center.