28 Mar EDUpolicy LAB – Service Learning for Equal Opportunities in Education
EDUpolicy LAB – Service Learning for Equal Opportunities in Education
03/2018 – 03/2020
SOURCE OF FUNDING
European Social Fund
SHORT DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECT:
|The main issue which we aim to address with this project is, on the one hand, insufficient inclusion of youth in addressing their local communities’ problems, and on the other hand, the lack of long-term and sustainable partnerships between higher education institutions and civil society organizations (CSOs). Such partnerships should contribute to the civic mission of universities, which would encourage civic responsibility among students and other members of the academic community for local problem-solving.
Through the development and piloting of the EDUpolicy LAB service-learning program aimed at socially excluded groups in education, students of partner higher education institutions will be trained to design social innovations in the area of educational integration of socially excluded groups, as well as for advocating their implementation with decision-makers.
Teaching staff from partner higher education institutions will have an opportunity for professional development regarding implementation of the new service-learning teaching methodology aimed at socially excluded groups in education, which will modernize and improve the quality of teaching at their respective institutions.
|The main purpose of the EDUpolicy LAB project is to increase the number of socially active students with developed civic competencies to address the local community problems through the development and implementation of a sustainable service-learning program aimed at socially excluded groups in education.|
MAIN RESULTS OF THE PROJECT:
- 35 students of educational sciences will obtain competences for direct work with students from marginalized groups, as well as fro implementation of service-learning methods
- 50 professors at partner higher education institutions will be trained for development and implementation of service-learning programmes aimed at inclusion of socially excluded groups in education and the programmes integration with their courses
- 30 representatives from civil society organizations will be trained for establishment of sustainable partnerships with higher education institutions and for development and implementation of service-learning programmes
- A service-learning program for educational integration of socially excluded groups will be designed and implemented
- Service-learning program will be integrated into 4 courses on 2 partner higher education institutions